- Category: Canal and River Trust
- Hits: 345
NABO members can now obtain a 7.5% discount on their boat insurance through specialist brokers CETA Insurance.
CETA works with a panel of insurers including Haven, Navigators & General, Towergate, AIG and Sompo Canopius, so there is a considerable breadth of options available. We cannot guarantee that every member’s requirements can be met but Council believes this arrangement with CETA provides an excellent additional benefit for NABO members and hopes it will provide a further incentive for more boat owners to join the organisation.
For further details click here
* Raising the profile of Boating and navigation as the core objects of CRT’s charitable objectives to prevent the apparent ongoing marginalisation of boat owners in favour of other canal users.
* Monitoring and Challenging CRTs proposals to taking over navigation and maintenance responsibilities from the Environment Agency
* Monitoring the practical effects of CRTs strategic changes resulting in a reduction of the number of regions and waterways managers.
* Contributing to and ongoing monitoring of CRTs review of licensing
* Close monitoring of changes to Mooring provision and the introduction of further charges
* Support the reversal of the recent reduction of 24 hour towpath facilities (refuse, water, sanitation)
* Ongoing monitoring of CRT's rejection of some of NABO's objections to recently introduced private boater's licence Terms and conditions.
* Constant review of the creeping outsourcing of enforcement to third parties
* Ongoing proactive support to Navigation Advisory Groups and BSS Committees
* Monitoring the continued selling by CRT of historic buildings
NABO News is the association’s 32-page full-colour magazine that provides up to date information on the waterways, as well as a forum for NABO members to give voice to issues that concern them. There are six issues per year and each contains regular features on boating news and views. Members are welcome to submit articles and letters. Back copies can be downloaded here. The latest edition is only available for members.
NABO publishes a monthly bulletin exclusively for members.
This covers current activities of Officers and members, any internal administration issues
It also enables Council to quickly gather views of the membership.
You can read the bulletin archive here.
Safety is an important issue for us all. NABO members hold postions on all the Boat Safety Scheme committees and the CRT Navigation Advisor Committee.
Read the lastest articles here
If you are already a member and need details of how to make a payment, please click here.
For new members, follow the drop down menu under Join Us.
NABO has sent the following to the Private Bill Office in the Lords:
We are advised that a debate on the Report Stage for the Middle Level Bill has now been scheduled for Wed 28th February. We note also that the Third Reading may also take place that day, and if it passes, the Bill will go to the Lords the next day, which will trigger the start of the petitioning period in the Lords.