- Category: Boat Safety Scheme
- Hits: 1515
In the space of a few days, three people on two vessels have died from suspected carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and the Boat Safety Scheme is pointing boat owners to its advice to help stay safe. A man living on his narrowboat in Banbury died along with his pet dog and two fishermen have been found dead aboard their vessel in Whitby harbour.
In the context of the initial reports that these people may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, boat skippers and crews are being strongly encouraged to take stock and ensure that they are properly protected against the threat from the extremely toxic gas.