Your Council holds regular meetings and interim discussions on policy matters and issues raised by members.
These are some of the regular themes
- Regular pro active engagement with CRT senior management both at head office and in the regions.
- Challenging and reminding CRT that Navigation and the preservation of the canal heritage and infrastructure needs to be at the forefront of CRT’s activities in keeping with its charitable objectives.
- Reminding CRT of its legal obligations under the relevant Acts. Specifically when it seeks to overule existing legislation with its proposed changes to its Terms and Conditions.
- Support the recent reversal of 24 hour towpath facilities (water, refuse and sanitation).
- Ongoing pro active support to Navigation Advisory Groups and Boat Safety Committees.
- Monitoring the enforcement and mooring policies of both the EA and CRT, specifically the creeping outsourcing of enforcement to third parties.
- Monitoring and contributing to any proposals that CRT takes over navigation and maintenance responsibilities from the EA.
- Review and proactively engage with proposals to make all aspects of boating more environmentally friendly.