NABO members can now obtain a 7.5% discount on their boat insurance through specialist brokers CETA Insurance.
CETA works with a panel of insurers including Haven, Navigators & General, Towergate, AIG and Sompo Canopius, so there is a considerable breadth of options available. We cannot guarantee that every member’s requirements can be met but Council believes this arrangement with CETA provides an excellent additional benefit for NABO members and hopes it will provide a further incentive for more boat owners to join the organisation.
For further details click here
* Taking legal advice on recommendations to members following CRT's rejection of some of NABO's objections to recently introduced private boater's licence Terms and conditions.
* Challenging EA on proposals relating to safety issues on the Thames and monitoring other cost saving issues
* Close monitoring of changes and consequences of new continuous cruising requirements.
* Participation in changes to Boat Safety Scheme requirements for hire boats with special concern if any of these are extended to private boats.
* Monitoring of the operation of the boating ombudsman scheme.
* Given the outstanding success of NABO's social media presence, review membership offerings to include electronic-only opportunity.
* Development of policy towards possible CRT takeover of EA navigational responsibilities.
* Ensuring close collaboration with other similarly-minded National bodies including RBOA, CBOA, RCTA.
NABO News is the association’s 32-page full-colour magazine that provides up to date information on the waterways, as well as a forum for NABO members to give voice to issues that concern them. There are six issues per year and each contains regular features on boating news and views. Members are welcome to submit articles and letters. Back copies can be downloaded here. The latest edition is only available for members.
NABO publishes a monthly bulletin exclusively for members.
This covers current activities of Officers and members, any internal administration issues
It also enables Council to quickly gather views of the membership.
You can read the bulletin archive here.
Safety is an important issue for us all. NABO members hold postions on all the Boat Safety Scheme committees and the CRT Navigation Advisor Committee.
Read the lastest articles here
If you are already a member and need details of how to make a payment, please click here.
For new members, follow the drop down menu under Join Us.